Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6 weeks as a Mama!


Today my little baby girl is 6 weeks old. The time has flown by. Truth be told, it has almost has seemed like one very LONG day of feeding, burping, changing, laughing, crying and attempting to get out of the house without any meltdowns (for both mother and child.)

Harper is a beautiful baby with such a sweet disposition. I just love watching her every little move. She is gaining more and more depth perception and watching her precious little eyes fixate on things for the first time is amazing. She is slowly and steadily discovering the world around her.

She is very strong. She already holds her neck up practically on her own. She is holding and grasping things all on her own. She loves when I read her books and rock her in the glider. She loves Paul Simon, which makes her mama very happy. We jam out to “Me & Julio down by the schoolyard.”

She has started smiling back at me which is just about the sweetest thing in the whole world. She makes me laugh so hard my cheeks hurt.

She has had her first trip to the lake! I believe she loves being by the water as much as her mommy does.

At her one month doctors appointment she weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz and is 22 inches long. She is growing girl! J

We are now working on getting Harper on a sleep schedule so I can get out of the house before noon. Pray for us!

As I type this post my heart overflows as I look at little Harper napping in her swing. My sweet little angel came into this world 6 weeks ago and I have never been happier. Before my daughter, I knew joy, but this joy is deep down as if there has been a shift in me and I am covered in a happiness that cannot quite be described in mere words. This is the kind of love that changes you.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Beautiful post Momma! Thanks for taking a minute out of business to write an update, I think about you often! Ginny is hopefully coming to visit Nashville here soon...I bet she has a story or two (thousand) of sweet Harper Grace to share with me :) Take care! I will be prayin for a sleep sched. xo.

    ReplyDelete