Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chaos

So what do you get when you take a 9 month pregnant lady and ramp up her work life to that of 50+ hours a week? That answer would be me.

My life has been pretty chaotic this last month. I see it as both a blessing and a curse in a way. Job security is a great thing. Especially embarking on mama hood as a single parent.

But the spoiled brat in me wants the world to stop for a few minutes so I can do a few extra special things to prepare for baby girls arrival. Instead, I am chained to my blackberry and lap top on practically all hours outside of the office. Work, work, work… busy, busy, busy.

And the truth of the matter is, I have NO CLUE to what real chaos is, because my daughter hasn’t even arrived. I mean, yes, I feel like I am running myself into the ground today… but how am I going to manage my time in a few months with an infant and a crazy job to balance? Lordy, Lord… these are the things that keep me and my double chins up at night. I am dreaming about work. All the time. Except for last night, I had a dream about Derek Morgan from Criminal Minds. I would like to think it was a post card from God, showing his appreciation for all my hard work.

So the long of the short of it is this… I am a terrible blogger. My apologies. I still have pictures to post of the nursery. I promise to get them up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, you are on brave and courageous mama. I look up to you in more ways than you know. I cannot believe you have been working that much. I.N.S.A.N.E.
    Thank you for keeping us posted, even through all the chaos and the chaos to come. I cannot wait to spend hours at your house with you and Harper. I love you so very much.
    And, you are a far better blogger than I...it has been months. oops.

    loves you, boo!

    ReplyDelete