Monday, November 15, 2010

Placenta Previa… no, it is not a Mexican dish you can order at Monterrey.

My latest update is I found out on Tuesday of last week that I have Placenta Previa. “What in the world is that?” you may ask… well here is my Cliff-Notes version:
My placenta just so happens to be blind. It decided to latch on to the wrong spot of my baby making organs. Instead of latching on to the uterus (the kitchen) it is latched onto my cervix(the exit door). In other words, the darn thing is blocking the exit. There is a 90% chance that it will just move along on its own back to where it belongs, and if not, that is when things could get a little tricky. I could hemorrhage if it rips, or if it just stays put I will be having a C-Section come April. It’s kind of scary stuff this Placenta Previa.

So after finding out about my problematic placenta the doctor put me on bed rest and wrote me out of work until Monday (today.) Everyone thinks they would love to lie on the couch for 5 days. I was one of those people. Well it is harder than it sounds to stay still for 5 days. I was going stir crazaayyy. THANK YOU to the friends and family who came to visit my stir crazy self. You guys rock my face. Special shout out to you! Gracias amigas. You being thoughtful made bed rest not so bad, and your visits and phone calls kept me sane. And to my sweet mom and dad. You guys are the sweetest. Ya’ll took me in to your house and even gave up your bed so I wouldn’t have to climb the stairs. I hope butta bean one day thinks I am as super as I think you two are.

Today is my first day back at work… and I am happy to be back in action and off the couch. But don’t worry I am still taking it easy. I know I have to lay low and take care of butta bean.

3 comments:

  1. sorry for bringing you the wrong icecream - still so so so funny....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you survived the best rest. And the title of this blog post is hilarious. It does sound like quite the delicious mexican dish haha. Glad you're back on the East side... The past two Tuesday just haven't been the same.

    ReplyDelete