Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grateful Goodness.

Grateful.

When I find myself in a funk or a low place I try to evaluate all the blessings I have in my life. Even in the midst of a shit storm, I believe we all have at least one thing to be grateful for.

Here is my THANKFUL list for the day:

1. Butta Bean. Yes little bean has thrown my life into a huge hurricane of what ifs?, what now’s?, and how are you gonna’s? but man oh man, I already feel an abundance of love for this little life. I love you butta. Thanks for getting mama through the hard days and making me realize that it’s all about you now and not about me anymore. I love you so much already I can hardly stand it.


2. Supportive friends and family. I love you. Thanks x a million for loving me through all the changes happening and keeping me focused. I really cannot thank you enough. If I had the time and the energy I would deco podge/mod podge you all your own thank you wine bottle, vase or other trinket. But this little lame blog post will have to suffice for now. Just know I have your back when/if your weather gets stormy fo sho. Me and butta bean got your back on the real tip.

3. Spandex. Yes. Spandex anything is something to be grateful for when I feel like I am an inflating balloon. Every day I look forward to coming home to my new dear friend.

4. Fruit punch. In the form of crystal light (healthy) or Tahitian Treat and Hawaiian punch (not so healthy) Your fruity goodness never fails to refresh my soul. Yummy fruity goodness that is a party in my mouth.

5. Consistency. With so much changing in my life there a few things I can thankfully say stay pretty regular routine and I swear these little things make me feel sane some days. *Izzie and Badin greeting me when I come home. They are always happy to see me. * My mom calls to check in every day like clock work. Even if I don’t feel much like talking I appreciate these calls. * Tuesday night delicious dishes and Glee with Taylor,Colleen and Buddy. *Evening walks through the neighborhood with the dogs. It really is the simple stuff that makes your heart smile.

6. Bubble Baths. Every night I have a little me time. I treasure my evening lady baths. I try not to think that in just a few months I won't be able to fit in the tub anymore.

Take a minute to think of what you are grateful for today. If you cant think of anything at least you can read. Some people your age can’t.

5 comments:

  1. So excited to be following the blog! Just know I am here for you, if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to Tuesday each week! We need to write a recession saver cookbook. Love you boo boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren, I really enjoyed your last few posts. You are so sweet and sincere. I am happy that you are doing ok, and have things and people to turn to during your low points. I know how important that is. I am glad to hear the baby is healthy and growing, that makes me so happy...and like all of your friends and family, I am here for you two, you know that, bye Lauren, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for telling us to remember to be grateful. It is been very helpful for me to make lists of positive things I have in my life, and positive things that will be in the future(wink). Simple things can make us happy and make us more able to deal with what all life throws at us, you are a very smart, strong woman who never siezes to impress me.

    ReplyDelete