Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011. New Year New Goals... 90 Day Challenge!

There is something super motivating about embarking on a new year. It is almost like we are given a CLEAN slate. A fresh place where all the gunk that had accumulated in the past year is washed clean and a new year can begin on a sparkling blank canvas. I just love that.

I can already predict 2011 will bring with it a lot of CHANGE. For one thing, I am going to become a mama. (deep breath) I am going to be responsible for an itty-bitty person. A daughter. Having her coming into the world motivates me even more to strive to reach my goals and become a better me, so ultimately I can be better for her.

Instead of just typing up a list and throwing it out there for the internet world to read I have actually been thoughtful and prayerful about the things I would like to do this year.

Here are my 2 BIG GOALS FOR 2011:

1.) JOIN A CHURCH: – This pregnant lady has been craving Jesus more than Taco Bell or Spaghetti O’s. I am hungry for community and I want to get established in a group of believers to nurture my heart and raise my little lady bug.

2.) FOCUS on HEALTH: - Since finding out I was pregnant I have quit smoking. And apparently you aren’t supposed to drink wine like a fish either when you are expecting… so that isn’t happening either. Therefore, I have two huge unhealthy vices/obstacles of a healthy lifestyle already eliminated. So in 2011, my goal will be to replace 2 vices with two healthy habits. I am thinking exercise and more whole foods in my diet than packaged/preservative filled goodies. I have even thought about getting a jogging stroller and taking up running post baby. My friend Jessi has totally inspired me with her body makeover from taking up running. We shall see…. ;)

So instead of being overwhelmed by goals and resolutions I have decided to start on a personal 90 DAY CHALLENGE
If this pregnant lady can do it so can you.

Here is the plan:

*Get off the couch and get moving. Walking at least 5 days a week for at least 20-30 minutes.

* 90 Day Beth Moore Bible Study. I think this will be a great discipline for me. I have to go public and confess my quiet times have been non-existent. I am already 3 days into the study… and these are becoming sweet moments of my day.

* Low Carb Lifestyle. Now before you say to me “Lauren you are pregnant! Eat what you want and enjoy it,” please know that I have been instructed by my doctors to watch my sugar and carbohydrate intake for the remainder of my pregnancy. I have insulin resistance which means my body doesn’t process sugar like normal folks. With me, a cookie turns into a double chin with a quickness. I plan on incorporating a ton of veggies and lean protein into my diet and will try to share any fun recipes I come across along the way!

So tell me friends. What are your goals for 2011? And if you designed your own 90 Day Challenge what would your goals be?

3 comments:

  1. I always find resolutions daunting. I, and most people, fail quickly into the new year. I tend to keep my goals private so that I won't feel like such a schmuck when I fail again. However, this year I do have a more positive spirit and am looking forward to a better me in 2011. I too am looking to exercise more and become healthier. I miss Boone days when I'd go for a long hike after work. I think I was in such a bad place for most of 2010 that the thought of exercising made me miserable and just want to take a nap. Now that I've shed some of that stress i'm looking forward to being more active. It truly does make you feel better once you get in the routine. Maybe we could even have some weekend SYTYCD trainin... a little lighter for you though. Don't want to jostle around that wee babe too much :) haha. So here's to a better year for both of us. I know you will succeed in your goals. I have a few others but I'll keep those to myself for now. Love you!! By the way... great post. I love the way you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!! I just stumbled upon your blog because I saw your comment on Jessi's :) I am soo happy that I found you! I just spent the last 30 minutes reading your blog and celebrating butta bean with you! I LOVE reading your posts--you are always soo open and REAL and hysterical. You know you are a fave of my Charlotte crew and I am super happy to join you on this journey from my couch in Nashville :)

    Honestly, no so sure I have a new years game plan to share--but wanted to say HIIIIII and CONGRATS and all that jazz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. new years resolutions
    1. be more positive
    2. workout more
    3. cut back drinking (not quit that would NEVER happen)
    4. keep up with my blog
    5. find a nice guy who is ready to settle down

    ReplyDelete